The Oxford Gold Group, Inc. respects your privacy and does not sell your personal information.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect personal information from you during the application process and while you are a customer for the purposes of providing our services to you, to manage our relationship with you, and for legal and regulatory purposes. You will voluntarily provide most of the information directly to us. The specific information we collect and how we use that information are discussed in detail below.
The Types of Information We Collect
We collect personal information, which is information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, from you.
As an applicant and as a customer, we will collect your basic contact information—your first and last name, phone number, and email address. We will also receive such information in the course of communicating with you.
As part of the application process for opening an IRA for precious metals or purchasing precious metals, the precious metal custodians that we work with will require you to fill out a custodial account application. We will keep a copy of this application in your file. These applications may require you to disclose the following information. To the extent that you identify a family member or a potential beneficiary, you may also be required to provide the same or similar information for those individuals:
- Contact information: first and last name, street address, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
- Government identifiers: social security number, and sometimes other government-issued identification numbers.
- Demographic information: date of birth, family information, information about your personal and professional associates.
- Legally protected classification characteristics: age, citizenship, nationality, marital status, and other such classifications.
- Financial information: account number(s), routing number(s), pin(s), and other information regarding accounts at financial institutions, your authority over such accounts, beneficial interest in and other information about entities you are associated with that hold accounts. This information may include the accounts you open up with a custodian through us or at another financial institution, e.g., for purposes of rolling over an existing IRA into a precious metal IRA.
- Payment information: financial account information or credit card information—including your name, account number, expiration date, and 3 or 4 digit security code—for purposes of paying certain account-related fees.
Updates and changes to the foregoing categories of information may also be provided to us during the course of your relationship with us.
Use Of Your Personal Information
Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you to:
- Provide products and services to you and provide you with information about those products and services, including through marketing;
- Assist you in opening up or closing accounts with custodians;
- Communicate with you, including responding to your emails, phone calls, and other inquiries;
- Carry out our business, including engaging in operational and administrative functions;
- Help us improve our products, services, and operations; and
- To comply with any obligations, laws, regulations, or rules to which we are subject, including by cooperating with regulators and other public authorities, such as by responding to any requests for information or complying with our reporting and other legal obligations.
Sharing Of Your Information
We respect your privacy. We do not sell information that identifies you personally. We also do not share information that identifies you personally with third parties other than as follows:
- We will send your application to the relevant custodian only;
- We may share your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and purchase information with service providers who we use to offer our products and services to you; to affiliated partners to market their products and services to you; to nonaffiliated partners to market their products and services to you; and for joint marketing with other companies
How We Store And Protect Your Personal Information
The security and confidentiality of your information are important to us. In general, we keep your personal information for the duration of your relationship with us. Once you terminate your relationship with us, we generally will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
Your information will remain subject to the terms of this Policy even if we undergo a business transition. We may transfer your information to a successor person or entity upon an acquisition or other corporate reorganization. You hereby consent to such transfers, and we may assign and transfer all of the rights, benefits, duties, and obligations of this Policy.
We do not store your personal information on our own servers but, instead, use third parties, who take commercially reasonable steps to safeguard and deter unauthorized access to your information. In this regard, access to this information is authorized only for those who have a business need for such access. Please know that no platform, application, website, electronic database or other format or system is completely secure. Moreover, no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure nor can any be guaranteed to be totally secure, and, for this reason, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that safeguards employed will prevent the disclosure of your information.
If you become aware of a security breach, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (833) 600-4653.
Your Controls and Choices
Consistent with the rights afforded to California residents by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), we afford certain rights to you regarding your personal information. Your rights include:
- You may request to learn the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you;
- You may request that we correct or update the personal information we have collected about you;
- You may request that we delete certain personal information that we have collected about you;
- You may request a list of those to whom we have disclosed your personal information;
- You may opt out of receiving future marketing materials and emails;
- You may opt out of disclosures of your personal information to third parties under certain circumstances; and
- You have the right to not be discriminated against as a result of exercising any of the aforementioned rights.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or call us at (833) 600-4653. Please be aware that to protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or permitting the requested changes or modifications to be made. Unfortunately, we cannot always ensure that such changes or modifications will be reflected in all iterations of your information as previously stored.
We make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and the ability to correct the information if it is inaccurate. We may decline to process requests that we believe in good faith are unreasonable or unduly burdensome (such as requests that are repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be impractical to satisfy).
When your information is deleted, we will do so consistent with any applicable legal requirements. Please know we will follow through on your request unless we are required to keep your information by law or for legitimate business purposes
This policy may be changed from time to time to reflect changes in our practices concerning the collection and use of personal information related to your use of the site. If we make material changes to this policy, we will let you know by sending an email to you at the last email address you provided us and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent.
Contacting the Oxford Gold Group
Oxford Gold Group, Inc.
9100 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 700W
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phone: (833) 600-4653