Table of Contents
- How to Invest in Precious Metals
- Precious Metals Depository Storage
- Why Should You Include Gold & Silver in Your Savings & Retirement?
- The Stock Markets Best Days Have Passed
- How Can Gold & Silver Help?
- Gold & Silver Offer a Greater Upside Than Equities
- The Rise and Fall of the U.S. Dollar
- Gold/Silver Stocks, ETFs, or Physical Gold & Silver?
- Types of Precious Metals Products
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Glossary of Terms
- Choosing the Right Precious Metals Company
Direct Delivery of Precious Metals
Investing in precious metals has many advantages, one of those is direct delivery. Buying precious metals for delivery allows you to store your metals wherever you choose: at home, in a safe, in a bank deposit box, and so on. You always have complete access to your metals and total control over your investment. You can’t get that level of peace of mind from most other investment assets types. When you take direct delivery of your precious metals, your precious metals are shipped directly to you. You have complete control over how and where you store your metals, and there are no reporting requirements on the purchase.
Purchasing your metals for direct delivery involves three steps:
- Select the precious metals that are right for you – the Oxford Gold Group will present a variety of options to you. Your choices can include many popular coins and bars in gold, silver, platinum, and palladium.
- Pay for the metals – clients have the option to pay for their metals with either a check or a bank wire.
- Your metals are shipped to you – your metals are typically shipped within 5-7 days of receipt of your payment. Your shipment is fully insured against loss or damage; the packaging is discrete, and the contents are never listed on any outside labeling.
Precious Metals IRA
A precious metals IRA is an individual retirement account that can include physical gold, silver, platinum, and palladium metals. An IRS authorized custodian holds the contents of the IRA for the benefit of the account owner. A precious metals IRA works in the same way as a traditional IRA. However, instead of holding paper assets, you can buy and own physical bullion coins and bars.
A precious metals IRA combines the benefits of precious metals with the tax benefits of a government-approved retirement account. A variety of coins and bars from around the world are approved for a precious metals IRA.
When you add metals to an IRA with the Oxford Gold Group, they are stored in an IRS approved precious metals depository until you decide to take distributions from your account. A variety of other investment types can also be added to a precious metals IRA, including stocks, mutual funds, real estate, mortgages, and others.
You Can Transfer Your Existing IRA/401k Into a Precious Metals IRA in Three Easy Steps
The Oxford Gold Group’s IRA Department is here to educate and walk you through the rollover or transfer of your retirement account into a self-directed IRA. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service while guiding you through the IRA transfer or rollover process.
Step 1 – Open Your Self-Directed IRA Account – The first step is establishing your new Precious Metals IRA account. Your dedicated account manager will walk you through the application. Once your application is complete, we will process the request and have your new Self-Directed IRA setup – usually within 24 hours.
Step 2 – Transfer Funds to Your New Self-Directed IRA Account – our IRA Department will contact your current IRA or 401k custodian to arrange the tax-free, penalty-free rollover or transfer of your retirement funds. Transferring the funds may take up to 5 business days, depending on your current custodian. The funds are transferred via bank wire or mail. Once the funds are deposited into your Precious Metals IRA account, you are ready to select your metals.
Step 3 – Select Your Metals/Ship Your Metals – Now that the paperwork has been completed and your new account has been funded, you are ready to select your precious metals. Once you have decided which metals you would like to own in your new IRA account, the Oxford Gold Group will ship your metals directly to your precious metals depository.